AISI P20+Ni Steel Round Bar Sheet Plate, DIN 1.2738
P20+Ni steel also can be called DIN 1.2738 steel. It has great mechanical property and processability. And it is great choice for the production of the hot work mold base. It always is used for plastic mold base. By the way, the special preheat will make it get better hardness after the production fished on the factory. That will increase the productivity effect of the mold base, make the business get better. You can check P20+Ni steel round bar chemical composition as below.
P20+Ni Steel Grade Equivalent Chart
|Standard||GB/T 1299-2000||ASTM A681-08||EN ISO 4957-1999||ISO 4957: 1999|
P20+Ni Steel Characteristics
|1.Has great polishing performance.|
|2.Has good machinability.|
|3.It was allowed to do the processing of nitrogen treatment.|
|4.It is easy to do a surface treatment.|
|Quality control: 100% UT (Ultrasonic Testing), UT Standard is SEP 1921-84 C/c.|
DIN 1.2738 steel is one kind of plastic mold steel, equivalent to AISI+Ni . While Nickel, chromium and molybdenium are the alloying elements for hardness and toughness. 1.2738 tool steel is specially designed for plastic mold industry, especially for big steel mold parts.
- DIN 1.2738 tool steel is usually supplied as pre-hardened/quenched and tempered 280 – 320 HB hardness condition
- With good machinability, DIN 1.2738 steels is with better polishability compared to 1.2312 (AISI P20+S).
- Material 1.2738 can be through nitrogenation and flame hardening treatment in order to increase the hardness and wearability of mould surface.
- The steel 1.2738 is melted in an electrical furnace and refined with VOD or DH device.
1. Supply Range of 1.2738 steels
Round Bar: diameter 20mm – 1000mm
Steel Plate and Steel Block: thickness 12-500mm x width 200-2000mm
Surface Finish: Black Surface, Roughly Machined, Peeled & Turned or as per given requirements.
2. Relevant DIN 1.2738 Steel Specification and Equivalent Steel Grades
3. DIN 1.2738 Material Chemical Composition and Equivalent
|DIN ISO 4957||C||Mn||P||S||Si||Cr||W||Mo||Ni|
|ASTM / AISI||C||Mn||P||S||Si||Cr||W||T||Mo|
4. Applications of DIN 1.2738 Steel
1.2738 mold steel materials are generally used for relatively low temperature applications such as die casting dies and injection moulds, synthetic plastic moulds dies, especially for large plastic moulds higly stressed in core, hydroforming tools, such as up to 400 mm in the construction of plastic moulds. DIN 1.2738 is suitable for nitriding and chrome plating.
Contact us for further information or the best cost or price of your request.
DIN 1.2738 Mold Tool Steel Properties
- Physical properties at ambient temperature
Forging of 1.2738 Tool SteelHot forming temperature: 1093-898 °C.
Heat Treatment of Mold Steel 1.2738
- Heat Treatment of 2738
- Soft annealing,
- Tempering of material